Friday, December 07, 2007

Gateway Crime

I broke the law today. Yes, I admit it.

Since I had a vacation day today, I decided to stay up late last night, learn some new songs, and traipse around my favorite blogs and sports web sites. I finally went to bed around 2:00am...

...which meant I slept in until around 9:00am. Being garbage day, I needed to take the garbage out.

Before 8:00am.

In our suburb, it is illegal to place your garbage on the lawn after 8:00am on garbage day.

So what does this crime lead to? Not taking out the garbage at all?

(snicker)

2 comments:

Des_Moines_Girl said...

So...it's illegal to put your garbage out after 8am... What time does the truck actually come by? We're suppose to have our garbage out by 7am but there have been times when the truck hasn't come until 9am.

Rick said...

DMG, the truck usually comes between 10:00-11:00am, although it is on the other side of the street by 7:30am. 'Tis a long street.