Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Winter Is Here!

Winter has finally really arrived in Cleveland! It's cold, weather reporters are reporting the wind chill factor, and I'm wearing my gloves. Today, it was sunny when I drove home, and the brisk air was exhilirating.

You think I'm crazy, right?

I usually don't like winter. But, for some reason, I'm glad it's here. Maybe it's refreshing, knowing you won't be sticking around that "boy this really stinks" forty degree mark, where it's cold enough to want to play in snow, but too warm to actually get it.

Happy winter, everyone.

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

What is winter? Snow? I saw snow today for the first time since last winter (early 2006 if I'm not mistaken). It was a short, 10 to 15 minute snow 'squaw' - nothing sticking, no accumulation, just a little tease. This is a little disappointing. I might have to change political parties if mine doesn't do anything about this screwed-up weather they brought on.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

This weather will be good for the economy! :) I think this is the first time *ever* that Boston Mills and Brandywine hadn't opened by this time of the year?? In addition, snowy weather usually equates to sunshine-y weather, as you touched on.

It has felt weird, knowing it was winter but not actually having winter weather. OTOH, my husband predicts a tough February, because payback is - nasty.

Jonathan, I believe the word is "squall." ;)

Jonathan said...

Thanks Barb - the quick google-check of the word was obviously useless.

GDAEman said...

I'm with you. It's been like summer here in Mobtown (AKA Baltimore). A little chill is welcomed.

As for that ice... I dunno.

First time since 1887 that there has been no snow in Central Park NY during the month of December.