Friday, November 24, 2006

Blog-o-mania

Okay, I admit, I've gone a little crazy on the blogging thing the past two weeks. When the thoughts arrive, and you believe there is an urgency about your content - whether it is profound or silly - you post. It's been one of those fortnights. I've also had the opposite, where you could have given me a completed post, cart blanche, and I couldn't post it.

So most of my stuff was political/national security based, but I also posted some band and sports stuff. I will be covering lighter fare here and in my Quipper Entertainment blog, which has some pretty neat videos. (Yes, I know, it's a shameless plug.)

The reason for this post, though, is simple: I am preparing to answer a question that Indiana Jane asked me a week or so ago. After giving her question some serious thought, I had my idea of how to respond to her. Her question was about politics. My answer was: wdhspd? (That means "what did homeschool parents do?")

So, to prepare you for a series of posts that I will be blogging over the next month, I request that you first take the time to read these excellent posts from The Rebellious Pastor's Wife about homeschooling.

My intent is not to sell you on homeschooling. My intent is not to sell you on religion. Y'all have your own ideas about all of that already. My idea is to take a concept for which many of you already have preconceived notions or beliefs, and show how those preconceived notions and beliefs - and how you deal with them - apply to today's political landscape. So, that being said, here is the series from the Rebellious Pastor's Wife. I will start posting my responses to Indiana Jane's question in the next week or so...and I will even tell you what her question was. :-)

Why I homeschool

Family Unity

Socialization, part 1

Socialization, part 2

Socialization, part 3

Religion

No comments: